HyperVTools is a read only software which aims to provide a quick method of obtaining virtual machine information from a Microsoft Hyper-V host. Information includes name/uptime/OS Version/DNS name/much more! The tool gives you a quick way of creating a report of your machine status and spits out a nicely formatted CSV with details. If you don’t want to use any disk space, you can highlight items in the list and copy to clipboard even!
I originally started working on this when I saw a posting on reddit requesting something that would work like RVTools but for Hyper-V. RVTools is a pretty slick piece of software but unfortunately (or fortunately?) it is geared towards VMWare virtualization products only and thus came the inception of HyperVTools!
This software is still a work in progress and features will be added as I go. As of right now, it is in a usable state and is ready for future updates and eventually it will live up to the claim of being the Ultimate Hyper-V Reporting tool.
- Connect to a Hyper-V server from Windows 7/8/8.1 x64 or Windows Server 2008/2008r2/2012/2012r2 (including local host – Run as Administrator)
- Output CSV with details
- Auto updating logic included (that doesn’t work when you need it)
- Minor switch details (this is still WIP)
- Command line mode:
- HyperVTools.exe -u username -p password -d domain -h hostname -o C:\output.csv
- much more!
- .NET 4.0
- This software has been tested on Windows Server 2012r2
- Windows Server 2008/2008r2/2012/2012r2 Hyper-V support **WIP**